The Communication Manager will be responsible for the Sustainable Mining Initiative (SMI) Campaign, the coordination, implementation, and development of the Initiative with the overall vision and mission of Euromines and the related communication objectives. In close cooperation with the Euromines Director General and Communications Director s/he will be working on improving the image of the mining industry in Europe.
The Sustainable Mining Initiative is a communication campaign to promote and to showcase the mining sectors’ best practices, bringing together mining companies, suppliers, machinery and equipment providers and companies from the downstream sector. The ambition of this joint communication campaign is to improve the image of the EU mining industry and guarantee a meaningful social license to operate. In her 2022 State of the European Union(link is external) address, European Commission President von der Leyen recalled some hard facts: without secure and sustainable access to the necessary raw materials, our ambition to become the first climate neutral continent is at risk. With the help SMI members best practice examples, the SMI will showcase how the mining sector contributes to building the Green Deal Twin Transition.
S/he will provide specific support to:
- Supporting and promoting SMI partners.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to get the maximum out of SMI campaign.
- Representing the European mineral raw materials industry towards the target audience and interacting with EU policy makers, civil society, citizens, young generation, media, investors, business leaders, downstream industry.
- Promoting the benefit and value of both the products and the industry to society and by asserting the industry’s views and positions.
- Reporting to the Euromines Director General but also being in active liaison with Communications Director and Communication Committee members.
- Creating content and maintaining the Initiative Website, blogs and social media channels.
- Measuring campaign impact performance (Google Analytics, HubSpot and other tools).
- Organising of Brussels-based events (political events, panel discussions, roundtables).
- Coordinating and running the SMI members’ meetings.
- Researching innovative and smart ways of reaching our target audiences and working pro-actively in bringing new communication tools and channels to the attention of SMI members.
Requirements for the position
- MSc in Economy, Political Science, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related discipline
- 4+ years of professional experience, ideally in communications, B2B industrial environment
- Excellent project management skills and strong knowledge of communication campaign management practices and tools
- Extensive social media knowledge
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills in English
- Interest in establishing and developing networks with industry professionals and with authorities, and academics.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Personal standards for excellence
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced, fluid and collaborative environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to function effectively under pressure
- Solution focused, with some decision-making abilities
- Sense of professionalism with excellent English written and verbal communication skills; fluency in another or more EU languages is a desirable asset
- IT proficient, using the Microsoft Office Suite, project management software,
- A ‘can-do’ attitude by being task orientated and outcomes driven
- Team player
What Euromines offers
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association
- Opportunities to grow, take initiatives and work with an ambitious team
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. fringe benefits) commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Full-time, permanent contract
How to apply
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Rolf Kuby at Kuby@euromines.be(link sends e-mail) indicating ‘Communication Manager – Euromines’ in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible.