S/he will provide specific support to:
- Supporting Euromines Members.
- Interacting with different external stakeholders (Commission, Industry associations, NGOs, EU Parliament, etc.).
- Reporting to the Euromines Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager but also being in active liaison with the other Euromines departments on Energy and Climate and Communication.
- Representing the European mineral raw materials industry towards the European Institutions and international or intergovernmental bodies by establishing a constructive dialogue and by ensuring an early consultation in all areas of EU Environmental and Health & Safety policy affecting the industry.
- Promoting the benefit and value of both the products and the industry to society and asserting the industry’s views and positions.
- Organizing and running the Committees on Environment and Health & Safety and their specific Taskforces.
- Monitoring the relevant regulatory activities.
- Informing the members of these regulatory activities and/or any (planned) legislative developments.
- Working proactively in bringing new issues to the attention of the Euromines members, and not just reacting to issues.
Requirements for the position
- MSc in industrial/mining engineering, chemistry, biology, environmental sciences environmental and/or chemical law (or other relevant fields).
- 2 years of previous work experience in a similar role in an industry and/or association or policy environment.
- Knowledge and interest in environmental topics.
- Interest and knowledge in the EU regulatory arena.
- Experience in technical project management or experience in projects aimed at addressing chemicals management issues related to the regulatory challenges affecting the mining sector is a strong asset.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English.
- Interest in establishing and developing networks with industry professionals and with authorities, and academics.
- Strong interest in learning about technical and regulatory aspects of relevance to the sector and on chemicals management-related topics.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Solution-focused, with some decision-making abilities.
- Sense of professionalism with excellent English written and verbal communication skills; fluency in another or more EU languages is a desirable asset.
- IT proficient, using Microsoft Office Suite, and project management software.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude by being task-orientated and outcomes driven.
- Team player.
What Euromines offers
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association.
- Opportunities to grow, take initiative and work with an ambitious team.
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. fringe benefits) commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Full-time, permanent contract.
How to applyYou can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Cynthia Mestanza at email@example.com(link is external) indicating ‘EHS Officer – Euromines’ in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.