In the recognition of outstanding commitment to Health and Safety in the mining industry, Euromines proudly presents laureates of the Safety Awards.
Maintaining a safe workplace is a credit to the mining industry. We commend all involved, for their continuous and uncompromising effort in raising the safety standards ever higher.
Euromines is aware of the substantial efforts its members have been taking to prevent and mitigate workplace injuries, diseases, and fatalities and to improve the safety culture. Euromines, therefore, wishes to recognize and promote them by creating this Euromines Safety Award.
Euromines expresses sincere gratitude to the members of the jury for their contribution to promoting best practices on safety for the mining industry:
- Peter Handley, DG GROW, European Commission
- Judith Kirton-Darling, IndustriAll European Trade Union
- César Luaces Frades, ANEFA, Aggregates Europe
- Göksel Alpaslan, Tüprag Eldorado
- Roman Stiftner, WKO, Austrian Mining and Steel Association
- Rolf Kuby, Euromines
Safety Projects (nominations)
- Acacia Mining, HSE Portal for directly connecting with Employees
- Boliden, Improved Organisational and Social Work Environment
- ÇAYELİ BAKIR İŞLETMELRİ AŞ, Fight against drugs addiction
- Demir Export, DeFiNE, platform-independent application to report safety observartions of both safe and unsafe actions.
- Dundee Precious Metals, Changing the Safety Culture at the Chelopech mine
- Hellas Gold Eldorado, Measurement Method and s. for Recording and Monitoring Physicochemical Factors in an U. Mining Project
- IMERYS Greece, Safety in Motion: Imerys Traffic Management throughout Milos Mines
- LKAB, Safe Conveyor belts from port to port
- Lundin Mining, Zinkgruvan’s ‘Zero Harm Days’
- Tüprag Eldorado, OHS Employee Engagement Program
- Tüprag Eldorado, Management of Lifting Equipment
- Tüprag Kisladag Eldorado, Safety Engagement Programme