The mining industry in Sweden is a driving force for sustainability. For this, the industry wants to go beyond becoming fossil-free and take even greater responsibility.
This includes biodiversity.
The Swedish mining industry’s new concept, Mining with Nature, is a roadmap for mining companies to contribute to biodiversity net gain in all regions where mining and minerals operations and exploration take place. This means that the industry will be investing further in developing innovative solutions for achieving sustainable land use in harmony with nature.
A fundamental basis of the concept is to start from science and the mitigation hierarchy; to avoid, minimize, restore and compensate for the impact on biodiversity.
Increased consideration for biological diversity must be profitable. Not only for nature but also for business. The Swedish mining industry is the very first sector to apply this approach on biodiversity. Its ambition is to serve as an inspiration also for the international mining community and for other industrial sectors.
- Åsa Jackson, Director Corporate Responsibility, Boliden
- Pia Lindström, Sr. Vice President Sustainability, LKAB
- Anders Forsgren, Sr. Project Manager Business Development, Boliden
- Annika Zachrisson, Sustainablility Expert, LKAB
- Charlotte Odenberger, Dir. Environment, Zinkgruvan Lundin Mining
- Kristina Branteryd, Director Environment, Svemin
+ Political panel discussion with MEP:s
The seminar is an official partner event to EU Green Week
For more information, join the Mining with Nature Event(link is external) in Brussels 2 June – or online
Seminar on Mining with Nature, during the EU Green Week 22:
- Date: 2 June, 2022
- Time: 10.30 – 12.00, refreshments from 10:00
- Location: Thon Hotel EU, Rue de la Loi 75, 1040 Brussels, in the conference room: Germany and online
- Format: Hybrid